Lucknow Airport (LKO) - Transport
Lucknow Airport (LKO) or also called Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is located about 12 km from Lucknow city centre. There are some transport options at LKO Airport to go to the city centre and some other transport options within the Lucknow or also called Golden city:
- Bus: at Lucknow Airport, the nearest bus stop is located about 1 km away from Lucknow Airport passenger Terminals. You can get there by walking or using taxi/car rental services. The bus line which leads you to Jaipur city centre is the 24B bus line, which goes from P.S Indira Nagar to Scooter India. The main bus station within Lucknow city is the same as the railway main station: Charbagh bus station.
Indian cities such as Delhi, Patna, Kolkata, Mumbai or Varanasi, are very well connected by bus with Lucknow.
- Train: main train station in Lucknow is located about 10 km from Lucknow Airport (LKO), it is called Charbagh Railway station (the same station of buses), in the very centre of the city, from where you can catch many train connections. You can get there by taxi, car/car rental or bus.
- Taxi: if you need a taxi ride from Lucknow Airport (LKO) to Lucknow city centre you need to know that the distance is about 12 km, which means the ride should take you around 30 minutes. At Lucknow Airport there is a taxi rank, but if all of them would be busy you can ask at the information desk of the airport for another taxi.
- Car rental: renting a car in India is always a good idea, it gives you freedom and it is very practical for you to organize your trip. There are many car rental options for your trip to Lucknow, check our search engine and find the car rental option which fits you the best.
- Autorickshaw: there is also the option of taking an autorickshaw/cycle-rickshaw at Lucknow Airport (LKO) to get Lucknow city centre but probably it will be a long ride. But if you have the energy and you feel like riding and exercising, it can be a nice long rideand so in a nice ride you’ll be in Jaipur city centre. Autorickshaws are cheap and practical, and of course they are the typical transport of the Indian streets. You will find a rank of autorickshaws at the LKO Airport.
- Metro: Lucknow Metro is under construction and it is expected to be operative soon. It will connect Lucknow city with Lucknow Airport/ Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport.